Monday, July 12, 2010

Still at home... still improving.

Hello everyone,

My apologies for not being as active as I should be on this...

Mom is still at home and she's doing quite well. She's had multiple sessions with various therapists and psychologists, and everyone always says that she's making great progress. Actually, the only person she's meeting with now is her Neuro psychologist and no longer needs to meet with any of the therapists.

On July 1st, Mom had her followup appointment with the surgeon (I couldn't make it, but was on the phone the whole time). He said everything looks fine, but the short term memory loss she's suffering from could last anywhere between 6 months to a year, and we're only a few days shy of the two month anniversary.

Having said that, she's having some trouble remembering the passwords to her email accounts and various other online resources. So, if you've typically been in contact with her there, please be aware that your messages are being delivered, she just hasn't been able to get in to answer.

As always, you can each contact me directly and I'll pass along any information, or get you in contact with her.

cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that Peggy remembers me; however, we are cyberfriends from Delphi forums. She used to request sigs from me often and I miss her still doing that. Thanks for the update Mark and please give her a hug from me.

    Julea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,
    Thanks so much for the progress reports. I have been thinking about your mom a lot. We post at Taste of Home together and do the Survivor fantasy game also. I talked to her on the phone before her surgery and have been waiting to hear from her. I did not want to call in case she wasn't able to talk on the phone. Another friend Pat told me about your blog. Please tell your mom I said hello and I miss chatting with her. She is such a riot and such a dear friend. I look forward to future updates and thanks again so much.

    Tammi in Indiana

    ReplyDelete