Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The progress continues

I talked with Mom today and she sounded great. She was asking me about work, talking about being in the hospital, and all sorts of good things. Having brain surgery, there's obviously some adjustment that has to occur after the fact. She's making coherent sentences, but just coming up with some crazy things (making connections a few years removed). She also talked to her brother in Texas today, which I'm sure was good for both of them! :)

The physical therapy doctor and occupational therapist came by today, and it appears that all these things are progressing as well as they should. Assuming things are on track, she could be released tomorrow.

I might update this later today when I get an updated report from Dad.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear your mom is doing so well..
    My sister had similar surgery years ago and for a while she has some problems with her memory but everything turned out ok...
    Tell peggie I am thinking about her... and she is in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Mark, for your terrific updates on Peggie. It sounds like she is making such wonderful progress! Please tell her I said hello and continue to pray for her.

    ReplyDelete