Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 3... I think.

Hello guys,

Sorry for the delay. Not intentional at all, but it's been an emotional rollercoaster for me and it's hard to try and find the appropriate words to put on here to best describe the situation.

Mom's physical health is doing great. They have been taking really good care of her at the Rehab facility here in Fresno. The staples (I counted today, and lost count after 30) are still there, but should be removed in the next few days. Dad & I have a meeting with the doctor this Wednesday to figure out the next steps. I should have more information then... we've been in a constant (and annoying) holding pattern right now.

As it stands right now... She has an organic brain syndrome, which is most likely caused from the trauma to the brain. She is still having problems with her short term memory, and is feeling quite down every once in a while (because she can't recall the people sending her well wishes, the visitors, the cards, etc). It's hard to give encouraging words to someone who won't remember.

Feel free to post something on here that I can print for her, or email me direct (mark.hammons [at] gmail.com) and I'll give them to her on Wednesday morning, or sooner, before I leave town for work!

Thanks everyone for your encouraging thoughts! Keep 'em coming!

5 comments:

  1. Mark, I just wanted to thank you so much for blogging Peggies progress!!! I know it must be very hard on your family and friends! I do hope that there will be some good news from the Dr's. on Wednesday!!! Peggie has a hard head, and I know that there's not much that would keep her down.....it must be so fustrating not to remember, it's no wonder she is getting "down".

    Tell Peggie that Maine said hi, and that she's praying for here to return to Create It! (a fourm that she is a major part of) That we all wish her God Speed!

    Thanks Mark.....stay strong, and a prayer goes out to you, your brother and Father also.

    Charmaine Bullard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the update, Mark! I've been checking in a couple times each day hoping for some news of Peggie. I'm so happy that she's physically strong, and will continue to pray for her and all of you that she is blessed with a complete recovery very soon.

    Please tell your Mom that everyone at Create It miss her and are keeping her in our prayers.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please give your Mom a hug from Julea. We are cyberfriends for a long while at Delphi Forums. She is a very special lady, and I miss her a lot. She would visit me often and request tags for me to make, which I thoroughly enjoyed doing that for her. Thank you for the updates you've provided us. I've checked often. I'm so glad she's regaining her strength and she will remain on my prayer list for continued improvement and a complete recovery. Blessings to her family as I know this is a difficult time for all of you.

    Julea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peggie,
    Janet and I had a nice Memorial day. A BBQ and beers with friends. As usual with every visit to Janet's my dogs are so spoiled they refuse to eat "dog food" now. Good thing I don't have PETA's phone number on speed dial! Glad to hear your on the mend. Keep those doctors in line! Helga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peggie -- just stopping in to say hi and hope you're recouping well. Golly I miss you stopping in at Delphi, but know you've had other things going on. I was in hopes of seeing an update on your progress, but will continue hoping things are going as expected. Looking forward to your return.

    Julea

    ReplyDelete